Discover the world of truffle
The workshops are designed for you to discover the fascinating world of Truffles, Truffle growing and Truffle ecosystems. A secret and mysterious world! We often think that fresh Truffles can only be found in winter. But truffles are available all year round: 7 European Truffle species are marketed in France, each with its own season, which means that you can enjoy truffles from January to December.
So, Take a tour of a Provençal truffle plantation, learn how truffles are cultivated and truffle dogs are trained, and go on a hunt for France’s elusive “black gold” with professional hunters who know all the tricks of the trade. You’ll be regaled with stories of successes and sabotage, and learn to tell the difference between the different types of French truffles and the imposters from other countries.
Truffle day program
- Truffle Hunting with my dog Hyatus. A researcher in Truffle Ecology will join us (for your comfort and fluidity of questions/answers we are two people for groups). About 1h / 1h30
- A video presentation for an initiation to the truffle and truffle growing realm, and to the truffle species marketed in France • The discovery of the different marketed Truffle-based products (fresh, frozen, in alcohol, canned, flavored oil, natural flavors, synthetic flavors), with products in demonstration. We will give you the keys to be able to buy the best Truffles and to conserve them until their processing allowing
- The tasting of the different fresh truffle species (varying according to season)
- An illustrated document with all the necessary explanations regarding Truffles and recipes.
Of course the workshop is combined with a tasting session of local wines and/or old Rhum and Wiskies for highlighting the Truffles Butter
- A tasting of the different truffle butters (7 different truffle butters)
Aperitif Truffles Workshop, about 1h/1h30
Pick up suggestion : 2pm
Duration of tour : 4 to 5 hours (up to you) including tasting and hunting
Transport: No transport, The Truffle Hunter comes to your villa and you will follow her by car if needed to go for Trugffle hunting.
Prices: As of 140€ per person
Prices may vary depending on group size and customized itinerary
Payment: Cancellation fees apply, In advance booking preferable.